CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Long Acting Intramuscular Injection - Trainers Refresher Education Day
To provide an opportunity for nursing staff, who have previously trained as an LAI Trainer, to:
· Refresh their LAI training techniques
· To ensure contemporary practice and maintain practice competency and currency.
· To reinvigorate trainers to train and encourage the use of the Ventrogluteal and Vastus Lateralis
injection sites in preference to the Dorsogluteal site.
· Network with other trainers from across the LHN Mental Health Directorates.
· Discuss practical use of injection sites in different MH settings
· Understand the current statistical data for injection sites used in their LHN
the role of an assessor
Eligibility / Entry Requirements
These sessions are open to anyone who is registered as a Long Acting Intramuscular Injection Trainer and has previously completed the LAI Trainers, training.
Dates, Times and Locations
Wednesday 21 April 2021 0830 – 1300
To be held at Glenside Health Service in the Administration and Learning Services Building
Lisa Wilton, ANC MH GP Shared Care.
Bernie Stefan-Rasmus, ANC Practice Development.
Please note the "submit" button may not work on some computers. This is due to a Google / Adobe Acrobat / PDF conflict error. If the completed application form does not attach to an email when the "submit" button is clicked, please save the completed application form and email to MentalHealthLearningCentre@health.sa.gov.au