CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Hospital Advanced Life Support (HALS) for RN's
A three day module for Registered Nurses, involving theoretical education and practical scenario based training with formative and summative assessment.
Because the content from the current ARC ALS1course is included in day one* of this module, upon completion, all successful candidates will achieve ARC ALS1 accreditation as well as the additional training involved.
This particular module is aimed at the Registered Nurse in a Critical Care / MET/Code Blue role with limited training and experience in Advanced Life Support.
Topics covered include:
- Causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- Assessment and management of the deteriorating patient
- Manual defibrillation
- Airway management
- Drug administration
- 12 lead ECG and Rhythm analysis
- Arrhythmia management
- Post-resuscitation care
- Ethical dilemmas
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Crisis resource management
- Working as part of the multidisciplinary team.
Day 1: Friday 4th October 2019
Day 2: Friday 11th October 2019
Day 3: Friday 18th October 2019
0800hrs - 1630hrs
TQEH Level 5A
6th September 2019
Central Adelaide Local Health Network Employee $77.00
- A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required to reschedule or cancel. Consideration of extenuating circumstances will be at the discretion of the Course Director & the Nursing Director, CALHN Nursing Education.
- Full payment is required in advance of the course.
- The Certificate and ARC ALS1-ILS Provider Card will be withheld until course fee is paid in full.
- If a course is cancelled and the course manual is not returned within two weeks a $50 manual replacement fee applies.
For further information
David Cunningham, Nurse Educator
Telephone: 8222 7313 or pager: #47866
Bookings are essential
Available to CALHN staff only. Places are limited to 12 candidates only
Additional places will be available on day two and three for RNs who have recently completed the ARC ALS1 course
All necessary documents will be sent out at least three weeks before the commencement of day one.
Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicant and bookings will not be processed until the form is completed
Please complete the application form and return to NursingEducation.Applications@sa.gov.au