CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Long Acting Intramuscular (LAI) Train the Trainer Workshops - Mental Health Services
Suitable for Clinical Nursing and Medical Staff
This session will enable you to:
· Teach another nurse/ medical officer the correct injection technique.
· Locate the site using correct anatomical markers.
· Prepare the site.
· Administer using correct technique.
Injection preparations, dosages and reconstitution will not be covered in this session.
Eligibility / Entry Requirements
Evidence will be required that participants have completed:
· Online LAI training, aseptic technique and hand hygiene
· Face to face training with a trainer,
· Completed 5 assessed intramuscular injections.
This training is suitable for clinical nursing and medical staff only.
Please note the "submit" button may not work on some computers. This is due to a Google / Adobe Acrobat / PDF conflict error. If the completed application form does not attach to an email when the "submit" button is clicked, please save the completed application form and email to MentalHealthLearningCentre@health.sa.gov.au
Dates, Times and Locations
Wednesday 21 April 2021 0830 – 1300
To be held at Glenside Health Service in the Administration and Learning Services Building
Lisa Wilton Bernie Stefan-Rasmus
Advanced NC MH GP Shared Care Advanced Nurse Consultant, Mental Health Clinical Program
OCP Central Adelaide Local Health Network
Telephone: 0411 224 904 Telephone (08) 7087 1804