CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Application of Nursing Assessment
Open to all CALHN Nursing Staff with any level of experience
program is designed to provide all nursing staff with the knowledge, skills and
fundamentals of early recognition, systematic assessment and application of
appropriate interventions at the bedside.
- Inquiry based learning
- Group discussion
To enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of communication, documentation and clinical coding
- Have an understanding of hospital acquired complications and their relationship with the nursing assessment
- Understand patient advocacy and its relationship to escalation of care
- Effective demonstration of a thorough A-E assessment and application of appropriate interventions to prevent and respond to deterioration.
- Recognition of subtle and overt signs which may be displayed (with a focus on failure to rescue) with patient deterioration.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, clinical reasoning and prioritisation of care and assessment.
All program times are 1000hrs to 1630hrs
Wednesday 24th February 2021 - RAH - CANCELLED
Thursday 11th March 2021 - TQEH - CANCELLED
Wednesday 14th April 2021 - RAH - Applications close 2 April 2021
Wednesday 19th May 2021 - HRC - Applications close 10 May 2021
Wednesday 2nd June 2021 - TQEH - Applications close 21 May 2021
Thursday 15th July 2021 - HRC - Applications close 5 July 2021
Thursday 19th August 2021 - TQEH - Applications close 6 August 2021
Thursday 23rd September 2021 - RAH - Applications close 10 September 2021
Wednesday 20th October 2021 - TQEH - Applications close 8 October 2021
Thursday 11th November 2021 - RAH - Applications close 29 October 2021
Wednesday 1st December 2021 - TQEH - Applications close 19 November 2021
For further information
Claire James – Nurse Education Facilitator