CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Basic Life Support Instructors (BLSI) Program
Employed as a clinician within CALHN and have a minimum of 3 years post graduate experience in their clinical areas.
- Current with mandatory BLS requirements.
Aim of Program
To provide a program to accredit staff as in-hospital BLS Instructors within CALHN.
At the end of this Instructor program participants will:
- Demonstrate proficient BLS knowledge and skills.
- Deliver BLS practical updates in the workplace according to current Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the BLS instructor.
- Apply adult learning and teaching skills in the instruction of BLS.
- Explain and apply Work Health & Safety (WH&S) and Infection Control principles as related to BLS.
- Apply assessment and feedback skills.
- Role and responsibilities of the BLS Instructor.
- Teaching and Assessing BLS.
- Care of BLS Equipment.
- WH&S Considerations.
- Practical Teaching Session.
- Attendance at a 1 day workshop.
- Instruct a BLS practical session under the direct supervision of the program co-ordinator or other Central Nurse Educator within 6 weeks of completing the CALHN BLSI program.
Prior to Attendance
- Go to Learning Central Link:
Complete the BLS Instructor workbook sourcing information from the ARC ANZCOR Guidelines 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 available at: https://resus.org.au/guidelines.
- View the Advocacy with Inquiry Method.
- View the Teaching powerpoint.
- Complete the online pre-learning activity 1 & 2.
All sessions 0830-1600 (10 applicants only)
DATE VENUE APPLICATIONS CLOSE
Monday, 08 November 2021 RAH 25 October 2021