CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Basic Life Support Instructors Workshop CALHN
- Employed as a clinician within CALHN (greater than 1 year post qualification and worked in current workplace for minimum 6 months).
- Previous BLS Training.
Aim of Workshop
To provide an instructional program to formally accredit staff as in-hospital Basic Life Support Instructors within CALHN.
At the end of this Instructor program participants will:
- Demonstrate proficient BLS knowledge and skills and be able to deliver BLS sessions in the workplace according to current ARC guidelines.
- Understand the role of the BLS instructor.
- Apply adult teaching skills in the instruction of BLS.
- Explain and apply WHS implications and Infection Control principles.
- Role of the BLS Instructor
- Teaching and Assessing BLS
- Care of BLS Equipment
- WHS Considerations
- Teaching Skill Stations
- Completion of the BLS Instructors workbook and online learning activities.
- Attendance at a 1 day workshop.
- A supervised BLS Instruction practical session is to be completed with a Nursing Education BLSI post the workshop.
- Participants should source information from the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
All sessions 0800-1630
13 November 2019
Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre
30 October 2019
|30 October 2019||RAH|| 2 October 2019
|19 November 2019||TQEH||5 November 2019|