CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Clinical Nurse Professional Development Day
Aim of course
The Clinical Nurse (CN) Professional Development Day aims to develop skills and knowledge for Clinical Nurses (Level 2) enabling them to perform their role effectively to enhance safety and quality of patient care delivery.
The CN portfolio aligns with National Safety & Quality Health Care Standards within the clinical specialty and it is an expectation that the CN demonstrates professionalism; leadership and evidence based clinical knowledge focussing on quality and improvements to patient centred care.
The one day program is suitable for newly appointed CNs or experienced CNs who require updating within their role.
To enable participants to:
- Understanding the CN role, responsibilities and expectations
- Maintaining a Clinical Portfolio aligned with NSQHS standards
- Understanding Organisational Direction/Strategic Framework
- Quality Improvement Processes (QIPs)
- Resources & Supports – Research
- Providing Mentoring support – Role modelling professional behaviours
- Communication/providing feedback/educating others
Eligibility / Entry Requirements
Open to ALL Clinical Nurses across CALHN
DATE OF PROGRAM
Friday 13th March 2020
Thursday 10th September 2020
Thursday 19th November 2020
8.00am – 4.30pm
For further information contact: Tina Grasso on 7074 0665 or email@example.com