CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Skin and Wound Basics Workshop
Open to ALL Clinical staff (nursing, medical and allied health) within CALHN.
Assistants in Nursing and Healthcare Students (on placement at CALHN) are also welcome to register.
This one-day program aims to provide clinical staff with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in skin assessment, wound assessment pressure injury prevention and management and dressing product choices with an emphasis on patient-centred care.Staff with an interest in a Wound/Skin/Pressure Injury Portfolio are encouraged to attend this workshop and refer to the CALHN SWAT Portfolio page for further information.
All workshops 0800-1630
Thursday 25th June 2020
09 June 2020
Please ensure approved application form is emailed to NursingEducation.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand Hygiene Module (Learning Central) within previous 12 months
- Aseptic Technique (Learning Central) within previous 12 months
- HEAL Skin and Wound care modules - To register email Coloplast mailto: email@example.com
- Principles of healing and factors influencing healing, including documentation
- Assessment, Prevention and Management
- Skin Tears
- Incontinence Associated Dermatitis
- Pressure Injury - currently not available.
- Interactive scenario and trade display
Karen Simunov/ Karen.Simunov@sa.gov.au
Gloria Munro | Gloria.Munro@sa.gov.au