CALHN Nursing Education Courses
Skin and Wound Basics Workshop
Open to all nurses, nursing students, medical staff and allied health professionals.
This one-day program aims to provide clinical staff with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in skin assessment and care, wound management and pressure injury prevention and management with the emphasis on clinical application, customer focus and positive patient outcomes.
Staff with an interest in Wound Management are encouraged to become a Skin and Wound Assessment Team (SWAT) member for their clinical area.
October course now fully booked
- Hand Hygiene Module within previous 12 months
- Learning Central Aseptic Technique
- Skin and wound care modules TBA
- Principles of healing and factors influencing healing
- Assessment and holistic care of patient’s skin and wounds
- Pressure Injury risk assessment, prevention and management
- Documentation and Interactive wound management
Gloria Munro | Gloria.Munro@sa.gov.au
Karen Simunov/ Karen.Simunov@sa.gov.au