This course promotes patient safety through the safe management of the high risk medicine insulin. It complies with the SA Health Directive on high risk medicines management and aligns with the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
Intended Audience: This course is intended for all staff involved in managing medicines, specifically insulin.
Content Summary: On completion of this module you will be able to:
- describe why insulin is a high risk medicine
- recognise differences between different insulin products
- discuss common types of errors with insulin and common contributing factors
- identify key strategies to promote safe use of insulin
- describe resources/tools available to help in the safe management of insulin.